Position Overview: The focus of this position will be to provide support for the oil and gas industry, to service natural gas and diesel products for our customers. Must possess appropriate training and relevant work experience on natural gas, diesel and industrial engine systems to successfully diagnose, repair, and complete technical startup of diesel and natural gas engines.
**Typically daylight hours, however, after hours assignments are often required to satisfy customer demands and repair time schedules.
The candidate will report to the Clarksburg Industrial Engine Shop. When field gas, diesel, or industrial engine work is available, the mechanic will be dispatched to perform that work. When there is no field work, the successful candidate will work in the shop facility for the balance or duration of the shift. The Technician will be placed on the Industrial Engine on-call rotation.
- Independently maintain, diagnose, repair, and rebuild compression gas and diesel engines
- Perform work on generators and component parts in various environmental and working conditions
- Safely assemble and disassemble equipment and component parts according to the manufacturer's specifications
- Repair and maintain temperature control and air compression equipment
- Accurately complete service reports and provide the details to complete work orders
- Meet the DOT physical examination and licensing requirements as mandated by law
- Work overtime as required
A Field Technician is required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include: overall stamina; sitting; standing; climbing; walking; lifting; pulling and/or pushing; carrying; grasping; reaching; stooping and crouching; listening; and speaking.
Must have good motor coordination skills; coordination of eyes, hands, and feet; verbal intelligence; and numerical intelligence. The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise; heat; cold; injury exposures; and atmospheric exposures.
Overview of Schedule & Benefits:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience servicing and repairing Large Natural Gas and Diesel Engines
- Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company
- Maintain own tool requirements
- Required to pass a driver's physical and all applicable tests associated with driving a service truck and must be able to obtain a commercial driver's license within 60 days of appointment to this position.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must comply with any special customer requirements.
- Hourly position based on experience
- 7am to 3:30pm normal schedule. Depending on work load overtime, and on call duties to including some weekends. After hours assignments are often required to satisfy customer demands & repair time schedules
- Medical and Dental Benefits available
- Company profit sharing
- Paid time off earned and Holiday pay