Are you an experienced Lead Mold Maker. Want to be a part of a world class injection molding company in a beautiful part of the country? Enjoy working in an environment where respect, trust, good communication, teamwork, and excellence is valued and where everyone is learning and involved?
What You’ll Do:
As the Lead Mold Maker, you will repair, enhance, and perform preventative maintenance on Injection Molds, Stamping Dies, End of Arm Tools and components to ensure the injection molding production runs smoothly.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
• You will review the schedule and ensure the components and molds are production ready to meet the production schedule.
• You will enter purchase orders to replace components and supplies as needed.
• You will repair and enhance molds to ensure the molds are available for production runs.
• You will perform day to day preventative maintenance as needed on the molds to keep production running smoothly at all times.
• You will lead and mentor tool room people to help problem-solve, train, and increase their skill set in working with the molds or doing changeovers for production.
• Education: Mold Making Journeyman card preferred or an equivalent of education, apprenticeship, and/or experience.
• Experience: 3-5+ years of progressive mold making/repair experience in a large, fast-paced injection molding environment preferred (must be highly skilled to work independently).
• Functional Skills: Skilled in mold repair and safely operating the tool room equipment (lathes, grinders, mills, EDM’s etc), to perform work successfully. Experience in metrology and measuring tools (US & Metrics), and the ability to read blueprints is important. Must have excellent math skills and be able to plan, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects to meet production needs. Foundational understanding of Quality Systems, Safety, Lean Thinking and 5S would be strong plus. • Technical Aptitude/PC/Other: Good at Microsoft Word/Excel to correspond well with vendors, manager, and team members. Familiar with ERP systems for reviewing and entering data would be helpful. • Language Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization. • Leadership/Behaviors: Excellent mentoring/leading skills to help develop the department. Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency is key in this role. This person will be able to take initiative, is forward-thinking, and is able to problem-solve and get things done effectively and in a timely mater. • Culture Fit: Respectful, Steady Personality who handles situations with optimism yet can help guide people to increased productivity. Good listener who can be flexible and invoke great ideas to make solid decisions and enhancements to the area.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for profit sharing! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Tool Room Team Lead
Core Hours: 6:30 am – 4:00 pm (schedule can be flexible; will work approx. 8 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends & OT required (when applicable); 40-45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: Will Lead Tool Room Mold/Tool Cleaners (2)