Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER POLYSILICON is the global leader in the production of hyperpure polycrystalline silicon for the photovoltaics, solar and semiconductor industries. At our Charleston, TN site, we are currently looking for Mechatronics Technicians.
The Mechatronics Maintenance Technician is responsible for the long term operation, reliability, maintenance and upkeep of Wacker owned equipment and production units. This includes assuring availability of operational spare parts, providing predictive, preventive, and emergency maintenance services to provide the highest uptime of lifting assets and assure the availability of safe and regulatory compliant equipment.
• Read, understand and apply the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, NEC and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
• Complete the schedule of monthly inspections and preventative maintenance, ensuring the schedule is completed or alternative arrangements are made.
• Perform inspection of equipment in accordance with established guidelines. Document findings and make corrective recommendations for inspected equipment including a written "Safety Summary" of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate.
• Complete inspection reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines. Review job with Manager, discussing repair issues and customer feedback received during the inspection review.
• Maintain regular communication with the Engineering and Operations departments, in accordance with established practices.
• Perform service/repair work, as required and as scheduling permits.
• Follow all established safety rules and procedures.
• Must be willing and able to work off the ground.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work rotating shifts
• Must be able to work varied overtime, as required
• Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to production units.
• Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy.
• Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, manuals and operating procedures
• Work in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams.
• Represent WACKER'S interests towards authorities, suppliers, and contractors.
• Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering & Maintenance department, Operations, and other service units.
• Perform all tasks and assignments in accordance to WACKER'S policies and procedures.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training.
• Associate's degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred.
• Minimum one year of experience as a Mechatronics Technician documented field experience in troubleshooting repair and inspection of plant equipment and systems.
• Ten (10) years of experience as a Mechatronics Technician documented field experience in troubleshooting repair and inspection of plant equipment and systems preferred.
• Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution
• Inspect crane components to comply to print and / or manufacturer specifications.
• Perform predictive, preventive, routine and, emergency maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Maintain, inspect, align, troubleshoot, and repair plant equipment and systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting techniques and safe work practices.
• Repair experience with gear drives, rigging, bearings, pumps, motors, instrumentation, electrical equipment and components and repair of complex equipment and systems.
• Knowledge and experience in calibration and troubleshooting of instrumentation, pressure, temperature, flow, etc.
• Team player attitude.
• Experience with DCS systems Siemens and Delta V
• PLC programming and troubleshooting experience preferably Siemens
• Thorough understanding of P&ID's
• Able to read and comprehend mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics.
• Able to troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems.
• Strong multi-tasking competency.
• Experience with shop and fabrication shop equipment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Must be able to be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment mechanical equipment and vibration, wet and or humid weather conditions, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Exposure to occasionally loud noise levels.
• Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, dust masks, respirators, gloves etc.).
• Ability to frequently stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb high ladders, walk out on platforms up to 40 meters, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl , lift and or move more than 60 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required include close, color, distance, and depth perception.
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers