Would you describe yourself as an energetic person who thrives in a team environment? Are you looking to find a home, and longevity with a company focused on growth? Do you enjoy working in the hospitality industry? If so you may be the right fit for our growing team, we'd like to hear from you immediately! The Residence Inn Austin SW is hiring a Part-Time Maintenance Technician to join our growing team. The Assistant Maintenance Tech works closely with both the Senior Maintenance Engineer as well as the Executive Housekeeper to ensure a well maintained and clean hotel.
As the Maintenance Tech, you would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining designated areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, public areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash and emptying ashtrays
- Greet guests in a friendly manner
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Peformance Preventative Maintenance in rooms on the Senior Maintenance Engineers day off
- Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed
- Deliver guest requests and assist in cleaning guest rooms, as needed
- Support Maintenance and Housekeeping departments with any special projects
- Prior hotel housekeeping or cleaning experience strongly preferred.
- The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Houseperson may be required to work a varying schedule in order to meet business needs. Evening, weekend and holiday availability may be required.
- Must be able to perform the following actions: walking, standing, sitting, bending, talking, listening, lifting to approximately 50 pounds.
- Basic English skills required for communication with our guests.