We are currently seeking a Maker and/or Engineer Technician to independently conduct product testing and experiments, providing colleagues with accurate, dependable data in a variety of documentation formats. The Product Test Technician assists with the development of test methodology and design of testing equipment under supervision.
- Assists with the development of test methodology and design of testing equipment under supervision.
- Under supervision, builds test equipment and develops methods to meet test protocols, as required.
- Prepares, maintains, calibrates, and repairs testing devices and equipment.
- Ensures test data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and dependability
- Assists with the training of other Technicians.
- Conducts tests for research projects, as required
- Participates as a member of a product testing team.
- Analyzes test data for review by others; recognizes anomalies in data.
- Conducts a variety of product testing and completes related checking, calculations and the recording of results per documented procedures.
- Receives test samples, performs pedigree, and prepares necessary records.
- Exhibits an emerging expertise in a single product or services category.
- Performs other duties of the department, but not those of a higher level.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Appropriate combination of education and experience in a laboratory or test environment.
- Working under limited supervision, able to exhibit some critical thinking behaviors.
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate test results.
- Able to understand products in terms of their design and function.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet rigid deadlines.
- Able to use required word processing and spreadsheet software, and hardware and software for data acquisition and interpretation.